Friday, January 12, 2007

A Bright Flickr'ing Light




The latest Library Learning lesson (say that ten times fast) takes me to Flickr, and online photo albums and sharing. I could waste hours here, and probably will on my own time. The driving force behind sites like this is the same device driving my own amateur love of photography: the digital camera. No more waiting for film developing, only to find that those perfectly-framed photos are not developed, nor perfectly-framed. Flickr's uploading tools are simple, and adding tags and such is a nice feature. With a simple search for abstract architecture, I was able to pull up loads of photos similar to this one I took at the St. Louis Science Center. It may also be found on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/50419510@N00/

1 comment:

Bobbi Newman said...

I've found flickr addicting too! I first got an account in April and pretty soon upgraded to a pro account. I can wait an entire weekend afternoon browsing pictures. Of course the tags and information you get are only as good as the users.